Phil joined BIHR in September 2020 as part-time Operations Coordinator, a role in which he was made full-time in in April 2021, before progressing to the role of Operations Manager in January 2022.
Phil is a highly experienced general / operations management professional and is responsible at BIHR for all aspects of the charity’s financial and administrative management.
What Phil brings to BIHR
- 30+ years’ operational management experience in the education & training and charitable / not-for-profit sectors.
- 20+ years’ financial management experience in SMEs, and an excellent understanding of charity finances, gained both from previous staff roles and as a former charity trustee / treasurer.
- Extensive experience, gained as both a staff member and trustee, of supporting and ensuring best practice charity governance and compliance.
- Extensive experience of establishing and co-ordinating financial and administrative systems, policies and processes.
- Extensive experience in the planning and organisation of education and training programmes and in the management of charity conferences and events.
- Excellent working knowledge of, and extensive prior involvement in, charity fundraising, HR processes and IT management.
Prior to his time at BIHR, Phil was the Operations Manager for a national mental health charity, where he reported directly to the Chair and Board of Trustees. He had previously been Director of Operations and member of the Senior Management Team at a college of further and higher education. For some eight years prior to joining BIHR, Phil was also Trustee and Treasurer of a charity working within state primary schools to improve literacy levels.
Phil is a graduate in English and a qualified teacher and trainer.
Get our newsletter
Get monthly updates on UK human rights law and our work, resources and events sent straight to your inbox.