This short 8 page guide builds on BIHR’s work with health and well-being advocates,
including recent sessions in north-east England kindly supported by the
Evan Cornish Foundation.
This guide will help you understand how human rights are relevant to the issues
you or your clients experience when accessing health, care and other services.
1. How the Human Rights Act works for advocates
2. Five really relevant rights and how they work
3. Examples of how human rights advocacy helps people
4. Flowchart for advocacy: are human rights relevant?
5. Flowchart for advocacy: what to do next
6. Infographic of 16 rights protected by the Human Rights Act