The law sets out important human rights we all have backed up by legal duties to respect, protect and fulfil, providing powerful tools to help drive change and strengthen advocacy and outcomes. This is where the British Institute of Human Rights can help.
BIHR have over ten years of experience working with voluntary and community sector groups to harness the power of human rights in everyday practice to strengthen policy, campaigns and advocacy which better supports clients, particularly the most vulnerable members of society.
NEW for 2014 BIHR is pleased to offer a special course aimed specifically at those working in voluntary and community sector organisations. Our interactive training sessions, incorporating presentations, discussions and case-studies will explore:
- An introduction to human rights: history, principles and context
- An introduction to the Human Rights Act: how it works, the rights
- The Human Rights Act in practice: as a practical tool for change
- Using a human rights approach to your work
For more information download the course flyer
BOOKING & PRICING
To book your place please use our online booking form. Prices are linked to a sliding scale based on the size of your organisation.
- Small charity/vol sector (turnover of less than £1 million): £95
- Large charity/vol sector (turnover of more than £1 million): £165
- Public sector: £210
- Private sector: £250
Places are limited. Your place on the course will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.Payment should be made by BACS transfer, with the reference 'HR course' and your last name to:
The British Institute of Human Rights
CAF Bank Ltd
Sort code: 405240
Account No: 00005701
When we receive payment we will issue you with a receipt and confirmation of your place.